Every year, the CO-OP Student Volunteer Award is presented to a CO-OP student who has helped us by making an outstanding contribution as a volunteer.
To qualify, nominations must:
- show that the student has volunteered throughout his or her CO-OP studies
- demonstrate the student's commitment to CO-OP education, to staff and to fellow students
- describe the events or activities the student has assisted with
- explain how the student has grown personally and has helped or inspired fellow students.
AWARD VALUE: $500
NUMBER OF AWARDS: One per year
NOMINATION PERIOD: November / December
AWARD PRESENTATION: During CO-OP Week (February / March)
Details and eligibility
- must be registered as full-time CO-OP students
- must be a volunteer or have volunteered for the CO-OP Mentorship Program, the CO-OP Student Committee, the CO-OP Coordinating Committee, or anything else involving CO-OP
- can nominate themselves or be nominated by another person.
The winner is chosen by the CO-OP Student Volunteer Selection Committee, which comprises various CO-OP staff members.
November / December
Call for nominations
Candidates informed of their nomination
February / March
Award presented during CO-OP Week ceremony