The CO-OP system works! The facts speak for themselves
Are you always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to help in your office? You can solve your staffing problems by sending a job description to the Co-operative Education Programs at the University of Ottawa today - at no cost to you, and no obligation on your part!Click here to see how the CO-OP hiring process works
Fact No. 1:
Only the highest academic achievers (minimum B average) are admitted to our CO-OP Programs.
Fact No. 2:
Our CO-OP Program is a streamlined and cost-effective way to find new talents. As an employer, you :
- Determine the wage rate of your interns;
- Obtain government grants (depending on your eligibility) and tax credits for hiring a student;
- Acquire motivated, qualified temporary employees, at any time of the year;
- Evaluate potential employees for permanent positions;
- Reduce the costs of recruitment;
- Give your permanent staff a chance to acquire supervisory experience;
- Get help for special projects and peak-period workloads;
- Get involved with the university community;
- Help train tomorrow's professionals.
Fact No. 3:
Did you know?
- Our Program is ranked second among Ontario universities with CO-OP Education Programs, and third in Canada for the variety of its programs and the number of students who take part.
- Our professional team offers you demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Our placement process is centralized and efficient. We coordinate everything on your behalf, simplifying the process for you. Our Web system lets you post jobs, view resumés, choose candidates for interviews, and rank them in order of preference after the interviews have been completed.
These hard working students are available for work terms as short as 13 weeks or as long as 17 weeks. If you are in a position to hire staff, please contact me to discuss the benefits of having a CO-OP student. If you are not in a position to hire staff, we would very much appreciate your help in putting us in touch with people that could hire a CO-OP student.
Assistant Director, Employer Relations
Co-operative Education Programs
University of Ottawa
Tel.: 613 562-5800 Ext. 3472