The CO-OP Student Committee is proud to present the annual Employer of the Year Awards. Four awards will be given out annually to selected CO-OP employers who have provided an exceptional student work-term experience, based on student nominations. Nominations focus on the following criteria to demonstrate a positive and valuable work-term experience:
- The quality of the mentorship the student received during the work-term;
- The calibre and relevance of the work-term experience; and
- How the overall experience compared with student's initial expectations.
These selection criteria were developed by the CO-OP Student Committee (CSC) and are patterned on those of other Canadian university employer-recognition programs. The University of Ottawa awards serve to recognize our outstanding CO-OP employers.
- AWARD: A plaque and an official recognition at a University of Ottawa CO-OP celebration for students and employers
- NUMBER OF AWARDS: Four (4)
- FREQUENCY OF AWARD: Once a year, in March
Details and Eligibility
- Potential nominees must be employers for whom a registered University of Ottawa full-time CO-OP student worked for during the winter, the summer or the fall of the year in question (ex: 2010)
- Employers must be nominated by students.
- Each category winner is picked from a group of nominees by a selection committee comprised of and selected by the CSC's student ambassadors.
Timeline for submissions
Three times a year
An e-mail will be sent to all CO-OP students inviting them to nominate candidates.