Sample CO-OP Jobs
Natural Resources Canada - Ottawa, Ontario
You'll join NRCan's Media Relations team, working within the Communications Branch in Ottawa. In your role, you will be an important player on the media relations team, helping to ensure the delivery of strategic, efficient media support to the Minister of Natural Resources Canada, as well as promoting NRCan stories to journalists across the country. If you hate to photocopy documents, this job is for you.
Your tasks will include:
• assisting media relations officers in coordinating Public Relations events;
• contacting media to inform them of Ministerial events and promoting NRCan stories;
• maintaining our media contacts database;
• writing short success stories (approx. 50 words) aimed at promoting NRCan to the media;
• distributing press releases to media.
If you’re a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and like to work in a fast-paced environment where you can be exposed to various communications skills, then Media Relations is the place for you!