Sample CO-OP Jobs
Research In Motion (RIM) - Ottawa, Ontario
Campus/Research & Development
Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the BlackBerry Smartphone product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. For more information, visit www.rim.com.
Working with the System Integration team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience managing a software development team and working closely with top-level managers. The successful candidate will have the necessary people skills to interact and build relationships with various other departments within RIM. As the main manager of the department, you will be expected to communicate with team members in a clear and appropriate manner and liaise between the team members and management.
The successful candidate’s duties will include writing weekly department status reports, managing and updating the department Web site, creating and maintaining project schedules, planning and coordinating department meetings and events, purchasing, tracking test devices and other supporting functions. Please include a brief paragraph with your application that describes your interest in working with RIM and how this job would relate to your future career objectives.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Currently a 3rd- or 4th-year CO-OP student enrolled in a business, computer engineering, computer science or arts program
• Strong interest in both business and technology and have solid problem-solving skills
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
• Proven organization and time-management skills
• Project management skills
• Must behave in a professional, mature and responsible manner
• Ability to use discretion when dealing with people and information
If you want to take wireless technologies to the next level, join the RIM team. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also are able to use our award winning BlackBerry!